Make-An-Alien! ZooBOO Contest
ZooBoo is one of the most important (and fun!) fundraisers of the year for the Erie Zoo. We are always looking for new ways to decorate and make our Zoo a scary, but not TOO scary, place for families to enjoy. This year we need your help!
This year we want to make Monkey Island out of this world! So we'd like you to help us by making your own Alien! There will be stellar prizes for the top three extraterrestrials, which could include gift cards, Behind the Scenes tours, animal art, and more!
Want to participate? This is open to individuals, families, schools, businesses… so everyone! Please read the guidelines below carefully and then get to work helping us make this the best decorated place in the galaxy!
- Aliens can be made of any appropriate materials, but everything must be able to withstand the weather. The event runs October 17th – 30th and your ET friend will be outside the entire time. You must provide all materials for the display. Please NO real pumpkins, perishable materials, or anything needing electric.
- You must provide a stake, stand, or way of keeping your Alien upright for the duration of the event.
- Aliens must be dropped off to the Erie Zoo September 30th- October 3rd between 10am-4pm. Upon arrival, please check in at the Front Gate.
- If you would like your Alien back, please indicate by checking the box on the application and picking it up on October 31st or November 1st between 8am-4pm. Please note, we are not responsible for any damage that may happen during the event. Any Aliens left will be used by or disposed by the Zoo at our discretion.
- The Zoo reserves the right to eliminate or alter any inappropriate exhibits. Please remember this is a kid-friendly event so no violent, gory, or scary displays will be allowed.
- Participants are welcome to supply a sign identifying their organization or group. Signs could be no longer than 2 feet (horizontal) by 1 foot (vertical). All signs must be weather proof.
- The deadline for entering the contest is September 18th by 5pm. You may apply online, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, via fax (814) 864-1140, or drop off to the Erie Zoo Office Monday – Friday 8am-5pm.
Please contact Emily Smicker at (814) 864-4091 or email@example.com with any questions. We can't wait to see your celestial creations!
Download Printable Application
For a little inspiration from past ZooBOO contests click here!
Apply Online below!