Join us for our ZooBOO Make-a-Spider Contest!
ZooBOO is one of the most important (and fun!) fundraisers of the year for your Erie Zoo. We are always looking for new ways to decorate and make our Zoo a scary, but not TOO scary, place for families to enjoy. This year we need your help!
This year we want to make Monkey Island full of our 8-legged friends! We'd like you to help us by making your own Spider! There will be web-tastic prizes for the top three spiders; which could include gift cards, animal art, and more!
Want to participate? This is open to individuals, families, schools, businesses… so everyone! Please read the guidelines below carefully and apply at the bottom of the page. Then you can get to work helping us make this the best decorated place in the web!
- Spiders must be at least 3'x3' and made of durable, weatherproof materials. The event runs October 15th – 30th Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sundays. Your web-loving friend will be outside the entire time. You must provide all materials for the display. Please NO real pumpkins, perishable materials, or anything needing electric.
- You must provide a stake, stand, or way of keeping your Spider upright for the duration of the event.
- Spiders must be dropped off to the Erie Zoo September 30th- October 2nd between 8:30am-4pm. Upon arrival, please check in at the blue & white tent up front.
- If you would like your Spider back, please indicate by checking the box on the application and picking it up on November 2nd or 3rd between 10am-4pm. Please note, we are not responsible for any damage that may happen during the event. Any Spiders left will be used or disposed by the Zoo at our own discretion.
- The Zoo reserves the right to eliminate or alter any inappropriate exhibits. Please remember this is a kid-friendly event so no violent, gory, bloody, or scary displays will be allowed.
- Participants are welcome to supply a sign identifying their organization or group. Signs can be no longer than 2 feet (horizontal) by 1 foot (vertical). All signs must be weather proof.
- The deadline for applying for the contest is September 30th by 5pm. You may apply online, via email to email@example.com, via fax (814) 864-1140, or drop off to the Erie Zoo at the blue & white tent up front Sunday – Saturday 10am-4pm.
Check out some examples of Make-a-Monsters from years past here!
Please contact Emily Smicker at (814) 864-4091 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We can't wait to see your creepy creations!