Join us for our ZooBOO Make-a-Bat Contest!
ZooBOO is one of the most important (and fun!) fundraisers of the year for your Erie Zoo. We are always looking for new ways to decorate and make our Zoo a scary, but not TOO scary, place for families to enjoy. This year we need your help!
This year we want to make Monkey Island full of our nocturnal winged friends! We'd like you to help us by making your own BAT! There will be super fly prizes for the top three bats; which could include gift cards, animal art, and more!
Want to participate? This is open to individuals, families, schools, businesses… so everyone! Please read the guidelines below carefully and apply at the bottom of the page. Then you can get to work helping us make this the best decorated place of the night!
- Bats must be at least 3'x3' and made of durable, weatherproof materials. The event runs October 13th – 30th Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sundays. Your bat will be outside the entire time. You must provide all materials for the display. Please NO real pumpkins, perishable materials, or anything needing electric.
- You must provide a stake, stand, or way of keeping your Bat upright for the duration of the event.
- Bats must be dropped off to the Erie Zoo September 27th - October 1st between 9am-4pm at the Erie Zoo Office (brick building located at the top of the hill).
- If you would like your Bat back, please indicate by checking the box on the application and picking it up November 8th-12th between 10am-4pm at the Front Gate of the Zoo. Please note, we are not responsible for any damage that may happen during the event. Any Bats left will be used or disposed by the Zoo at our own discretion.
- The Zoo reserves the right to eliminate or alter any inappropriate exhibits. Please remember this is a kid-friendly event so no violent, gory, bloody, or scary displays will be allowed.
- Participants are welcome to supply a sign identifying their organization or group. Signs can be no longer than 2 feet (horizontal) by 1 foot (vertical). All signs must be weather proof.
- The deadline for applying for the contest is September 27th by 4pm. You may apply online below or via email to email@example.com.
Check out some examples of Make-a-Monsters from years past here!
Please contact Emily Smicker at (814) 864-4091 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We can't wait to see your creepy creations!