Join us for our ZooBOO Make-a-Scarecrow Contest!
ZooBOO is one of the most important (and fun!) fundraisers of the year for your Erie Zoo. We are always looking for new ways to decorate and make our Zoo a scary (but not TOO scary) place for families to enjoy. This year we need your help!
This year we are looking to transform Monkey Island into a Scarecrow gate-away! We'd like you to help us by making your own Scarecrow, who will cast away their worries on the island! There will be strawesome prizes for the top three scarecrows; which could include gift cards, animal art, and more!
Interested in participating? The contest is open to individuals, families, schools, and businesses, so essentially everyone! Please read the guidelines below carefully and apply at the bottom of the page. Then you can get to work helping us make this the best decorated place in the maze!
- Scarecrows must be at least 4'x4' and made of durable, weatherproof materials. The event runs October 12th– 30th Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sundays. Your scarecrow will be outside the entire time, so please be sure that there is a way to securely stake it into the ground. You must provide all materials for the display. Please NO real pumpkins, perishable materials, or anything needing electric.
- You must providea stake, stand, or way of keeping your scarecrow upright for the duration of the event.
- Scarecrows must be dropped off at the Erie Zoo September 27th - October 7th between 9am-4pm (weekdays only) at the Erie Zoo Office(brick building located at the top of the hill).
- If you would like your Scarecrow back, please indicate by checking the box on the application and picking it up November 7th-11th between 10am-4pm at the Front Gate of the Zoo. Please note, that we are not responsible for any damage that may happen to your scarecrow during the event. Any scarecrows left will be used or disposed of by the Zoo at our own discretion.
- The Zoo reserves the right to eliminate or alter any inappropriate exhibits. Please remember this is a kid-friendly event so no violent, gory, bloody, or scary displays will be allowed.
- Participants are welcome to supply a sign identifying their organization or group. Signs can be no longer than 2 feet (horizontal) by 1 foot (vertical). All signs must be weather proof.
- The deadline for applying for the contest is October 3thby 4pm. You may apply online below or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out some examples of Make-a-Monsters from years past here!
Please contact Kylie Kaspick at (814) 864-4091 or email@example.com with any questions. We can't wait to see your creepy creations!