Birthday Parties at the Erie Zoo
Parties last 2 hours long and are located in the Children's Zoo Adventure Center Party Room (across from the carousel).
Birthday Parties March through November Include:
- 2 hours to use our party room
- Animal presentation with two animal ambassadors
- Treat bag for each child with 4 items in each bag
- Plates, napkins, silverware
- One carousel ride for guests
- 3 included: 2 pepperoni and 1 cheese
- Outside food, including
pizzamay be brought into the zoo.
- Up to 2 additional pizzas may be pre-ordered for $15 each.
- Beverages are provided (fountain drinks including: Root Beer, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Lemonade, and Hi-C).
Specialgift from the zoo for the birthday child
- Admission to the zoo for party attendees for the full day (may visit before or after your party)
Zoo Boo Birthday Parties include the above in addition to: Trick-or-Treat Tickets to Zoo Boo
* You must put your gifts, etc. in the car before you come back in to Trick-or-Treat
- Parties are on a first-come,
first-servebasis and require a full payment when the party is booked.
- The parties are very popular and typically book several months in advance.
- Parties can be booked online. If you have questions, please contact the Education Department at 814-864-4091
Party Room Pricing
Full payment is due when the party is scheduled (payment includes a $50 cancellation fee). Any extra charges incurred during the party are due that day.
Birthday Party Package
- Available March through November
- Package includes up to 35 people (Max Room Capacity is 35 people total per Building Capacity- we do not have the ability to make exceptions)
- Weekends 10:30am-12:30 pm or 2-4 PM
- Member: $230.00
- Non-Member: $270.00
- 3 Pizzas Included (16 child
- Up to 2 additional pizzas may be pre-ordered for $15 each
- Additional children celebrating a birthday are $5 per member child and $6 per non-member child (Amount due day of party)
- Zoo Boo Fridays 5:30-7:30 pm
- Zoo Boo Weekends 1:30-3:30 pm or 5:30-7:30 pm
- Zoo Boo Member Price: $295
- Zoo Boo Non-Member Price: $335
- A refrigerator, freezer and microwave are located in the party room for your convenience. During your party hours only.
- Decorations are not recommended and cannot be hung on walls. Our room is painted to look like a rainforest!
FAQs for Options 1 & 2
What do I need to bring?
We will provide everything you need to celebrate a birthday, except the cake, ice cream and candles if desired. We use white paper plates for the pizza and the cake. We have a pizza cutter, ice cream scoop, cake knife and a lighter for the candles. All the tables are covered in a tablecloth to match our rainforest theme. We provide the silverware and cups as well.
What time may I arrive?
Please plan to arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your scheduled party. Guests can arrive at the start of the party time and should enter through the front gate and proceed to the party room across from the Carousel.
What if it rains?
Parties are held rain or shine, so please plan accordingly. The parties are held inside; however we do walk to the carousel building.
How long does the party last and what do we do?
The Birthday Parties last 2 hours. You will need to be prompt exiting the party room at the end of your reserved time. The first 10-15 minutes are for guests to arrive. Then the group has a carousel ride, followed by the animal visitors. Pizza will arrive 30 minutes after the start of your party. The party participants will eat pizza, have cake and open presents. Make sure you take all of your belongings to your vehicle upon leaving the party room. You cannot leave items in the party room before or after your party time.
Is there a minimum or maximum number of guests?
Parties are designed for 35 people or less. Room capacity is 35 people. This count includes all the bodies in the room.
What comes to the party during the animal presentation and how many?
The animals used for the birthday parties are Ambassador animals that are not on exhibit. Two animals will visit the party room.
May I bring extra food?
You may bring in outside food. You are more than welcome to bring in your own pizza as well.
Where should I direct my guests?
Guests should be directed to enter through the front admission gate. They need to tell the gate attendant they are here for a birthday party. They should travel through the Zoo grounds to the Children’s Zoo Bridge. At the end of the bridge, they should take a left and walk into the party room. The room is attached to the Adventure Center across from the Carousel. Access through the zoos back gate is not available.
Who do I contact with Questions?
You can email email@example.com or call the zoo at 814-864-4091.
*Scheduled a class or party and need to cancel? Please review our education classes cancellation policy.