Party for the Planet: Ways to Celebrate at Home!
Our Party for the Planet event may have come and gone, but the party isn't over yet! There are lots of ways you can continue celebrating at home! With Earth Day (April 22nd), Endangered Species Day (May 21st) and World Oceans Day (June 8th) coming up, why not see the article below for great ways to better our planet at home! Here are some ways to create Healthy Habits through Cleaning, Creating, and Connecting with nature!
- Join the Earth Day 2021 celebration at earthday.org! April 20th - April 22nd earthday.org will be streaming three days of climate action! Check it out here: https://www.earthday.org/earth-day-2021/
- Download the Global Earth Challenge app and join the challenge! This is a citizen science app that allows YOU to submit research from your local environment! Find out more here: Global Earth Challenge Info
- Turn your yard, garden, work landscape, or roadside greenspace into a Certified Wildlife Habitat by the National Wildlife Federation! It's a fun and easy way to make an impact! Garden for Wildlife Handout // How to create a Certified Wildlife Habitat
- Sign up to receive an Erie Zoo Recycled Garden Kit to make at home! Limited quantity available. Learn more and sign up!
- Try composting and start your own worm composter! Worm Composting Info
- Create a bird-friendly habitat at home! Learn How
- Create and plant pollinator pods!
- Learn all about the AZA SAFE: Saving Animals from Extinction program which works to protect and recover threatened species! You can do your part to help protect monarch butterflies and migratory songbirds too! SAFE: Monarchs & Songbirds
- Start some Healthy Habits at home to connect conservation efforts to your daily life! Healthy Habits